Whether you are finding out about how your kids can get into sailing or you’re a seasoned Sabot Sailor planning your preparation for the Nationals, there is a lot of fun to be had in the 2018/2019 season which starts this month.
The list of champion Olympic sailors who started their sailing career in Sabots is a long one. This year we hope to produce many more with our structured learn to sail and learn to race programs. Our Clubs’ programs are designed to help boys and girls 8 to 16yrs improve their skills and confidence as they work up to regular weekend racing and beyond.
In addition to supporting our Clubs, we run and support an exciting list of inter-club regattas for kids at all levels to participate in throughout season.
This year’s program
- NSW Youths run by Australian Sailing and hosted by Lake Macquarie Yacht Club this October long weekend
- Round 1 of the NSW State titles will this year be hosted by Lake Macquarie Yacht Club in 17th and 18th November 2018
- Sail Sydney Regatta run by Sailing Australia and hosted by Woollahra Sailing Club in 8th and 9th December 2018
- Sabot National Titles are being kindly hosted by Sandringham Yacht Club in Melbourne December 28th to 4th January 2019
- Australia Day Regatta hosted by Lane Cove 26th January
- Round 2 of NSW State titles will be hosted by Drummoyne February 9th & 10th 2019
- Southern NSW Zone Championships will be hosted by Narrabeen 23rd March 2019
So if you want to learn more about having fun sailing a Sabot, how to get started, how to find a boat or a crew – please contact your nearest club (see our Clubs page) or drop us a line here at the Association.
Southern NSW Sabot Sailing Association